Briefly summarizes unexpected application closures (application crashed or killed) during recordings and impacts on report creation
We apologize that you are having difficulties with the application. If the sleep breathing recording was interrupted due to an application closure, then it may be necessary to record again on another evening.
Recording duration must meet a minimum time threshold, three hours or more, for the sleep breathing analysis to be performed and a report to be created. In most instances, interrupted recordings not meeting the minimal time threshold will result in an insufficient report or no report being created. Generally, recordings over the time threshold will result in sleep breathing analysis and a posted report.
Please follow the steps below to determine the status of the interrupted recording:
- Ensure you are connected to WiFi.
- Relaunch the application.
- Navigate to the Report Screen and execute the "pull-down" motion to refresh the results.
- If you don't see your dated report, go to back to the Report screen and re-record.
- If there are sound files still locally stored on your phone before the application was closed, you will be notified with a pop-up message indicating files are still being uploaded.
- If you recorded for less than three hours before the application was closed, it is likely you will not have a final report since analysis was not possible. To proceed to recording, log out of the app (click the hamburger menu on the top right corner -> Log out -> click OK to delete files). Then log back in the application and Record again.
- If the application was closed, but you recorded for longer than three hours, the app may still need to upload sound files for analysis. Leave the application in the foreground so it can complete the file upload process. After 30 minutes, revisit the Report screen to see if your report shows up in either Complete or Incomplete Test.
If the above troubleshooting items do not resolve the application issue, we recommend the following steps:
- Check your phone to ensure you have not missed any important operating system (OS) updates. Outdated versions of phone OS can sometimes impact installed smartphone applications, including DROWZLE. Update your smartphone OS as required.
- Ensure you have the latest version of DROWZLE installed on your phone. If updates are pending, your phone's app center will indicate this. Update the DROWZLE app as required.
- Fully shutdown your smartphone and allow it reboot. During this process, your phones temporary memory (cache) will be cleared, which has been known to cause phone app conflicts. This is good practice to follow occasionally if you are a heavy phone app user.
- Fully close out the DROWZLE application and log back into the application after the above items have been completed.
- Confirm you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and your phone is plugged into its power supply prior to recording.
- Try recording again at your next opportunity.