Should I always consult with a doctor if my DROWZLE screening results indicate I am at-risk? Are there alternative providers or pathways to discussing my results?

Yes. If your DROWZLE screening results indicate risk for OSA, it is recommended you follow-up with a qualified medical provider. This can be a primary care physician (Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Nurse Practitioner, Physician's assistant) or a medical specialist (sleep medicine, pulmonology, neurology, psychiatry).

Alternatively, there are some dentists (sleep dentist) with expertise in OSA treatment who can help with next steps. However, not all dentists have these credentials and validating their experience is recommended.